Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Puget Sound Vacation Vol. II

The First Night


Glowing Red

The sun sets on Mt. Rainier our first night at Martha's Cabin. I remember watching the colors dancing across the sky.



Sea Shells


TideThe next morning the tide was out. This is the best time to beach comb and both my mom and I were out collecting sea shells.



A boat is stranded in the sand by the outgoing tide.Stranded

Look at all the sand dollars!
Sand Dollars

This is my favorite photo. Look at all the colors in the water. These are all living sand dollars. They turn white when they die. Sand dollars are very interesting. They have little tiny hairs that trap food particles and slowly move them towards their mouths in the center.

My sandal leaves an impression in the sand. That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind.















We set out our findings on the picnic table to dry. Does anyone want any sand dollars? I'm currently a millionaire with all of them. My mom and I both enjoyed collecting sea shells nearly everyday. Every crevice of my car was stuffed with sea shells when we made the journey back home.

The next day we head to Canada, in Puget Sound Vacation Vol. III

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures Steve! Thanks for bringing a vacation to us that don't get one this summer.

afs said...

hey, steve, thanks for the comment :) how do you post pictures and links on your profile?? i'm new and completely clueless!!

Joybeth said...

I just wanted to let you know I thought your pics were beautiful...makes me wish I had more time to travel.

Anonymous said...

Your vacation looks awesome. Color me jealous.

afs said...

that might have been the longest post i've ever seen in my entire life. heh :) thanks for all your help! keep checking back, i'll have more fun photos soon!

Carly said...

great photos

whenever I am on summer vacation with my kids I take a picture of all four pairs of shoes lined up outside the door... it's a goofy little thing but fun to see the shoes change as my kids grow