Thursday, September 01, 2005

Black Bird Singing in the Dead of Night

My cousin Mark received the Black Crowe drawing I completed for him for his birthday a few of months ago. I had forgotten to take a final picture of it and I asked him if he would send me one. I really like the picture he just sent me. His face is reflected back in the glass glare of the drawing and he really looks as if he is in a reverie. Mark called me when he received the drawing and was ecstatic!!! He complimented me over and over again. I was so happy he liked it because when he first asked me to draw a Black Crowe drawing I had no clue what to do.

He asked me to make a drawing of the lead singer if I could. I thought I would personify a black crow as the lead singer instead.

One of my many sketches (From this sketch I made the final piece)


My drawings begin to take form








For those of you unfamiliar with my cousin Mark, he was in a car accident eight years ago which left him mostly paralyzed. He is in a wheel chair but can manage to walk short distances with extreme effort. When he was younger he played the violin and used to call me Baby Steven, actually he still calls me that. He was in a coma for 2 years before coming out of it right before they nearly pulled the plug on him. He still is very knowledgable, writes very well and has a quick wit. He is a riot to take into a mall because he will hoot and holler at all the girls. He loves the Black Crowes, his ultimate favorite Rock-n-Roll band..

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see that you took my advice and read "The Agony and the Ecstasy," as is evident from your contributions on the thoughts of Michelangelo. Just so everyone knows, I read it before Steve! Muahahaha...

Anonymous said...

Tell him I'm going to see the Black Crowes in concert later this month and I'll take a picture for him.

Your talents are limitless.
~Tiffany

Carly said...

You are a VERY talented artist.

That's a cool picture. (I know, it's not cool to say "cool" anymore but it's a compliment, haha)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME Steve! Can I hit you up for a drawing too?

Emily said...

Steve, that is a freakin' awesome drawing. You have some serious talent, man!

Joybeth said...

Awesome Pic!

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised at how good it turned out. You really do have a lot of talent. Thanks for sharing.