Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Macnopoly

I was reading the newspaper today and I came across this ad.



I always thought Microsoft had the biggest monopoly ever. So this ad can only be saying one of two things, that either Microsoft really got split up after the anti-trust case, which allowed for McDonald's to take the lead of the world's monopolies, or more likely, that Microsoft and McDonald's merged forming a international conglomeratation of food and technology. Obviously it's the latter and more evil one.

It might be hard to choke down now but just think of the similarities here. First consider the Mcdonald's logo, the golden arches.

Does this not promote Bill Gates to the core? Golden Gates....Bill Gates. He's rich, no wait he's golden and his last name is Gates. Other ways to describe the nerd might be the "Quarter Pounder" and "Sausage McMuffin with egg." With all these McDonald's products promoting Bill Gates how could he not merge with them? And not to mention that a big "M" could easily promote Microsoft too.

So what does McDonald's get out of this merge?. Well I thought about this one too and it is quite obvious. McDonald's now offers free wireless internet access in their stores, "Would you like fries or wireless internet with that?" and they get to fire that annoying clown, Ronald McDonald, in favor of the more annoying, Microsoft Windows Paperclip.


I even came up with their new saying,

"Did somebody say onopol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing such a good job with your blog. It's thought-provoking and entertaining. Feel free to let me know what I can do to improve my posts!

Anonymous said...

You are so clever! I agree with Natasha.