Friday, November 18, 2005

That's one small snowflake for the ground... soon one giant heap of all kinds.

The beginning of a snow storm, From outside my dorm window


Winter is a beautiful time of year but burrrrrrrrr....... The white stuff has fallen a couple of times already and I continually find myself hating it more and more. Not so much the snow but the agonizing, bitter, freezing wind. Then it is a thing like this that will change my mind. I happened to stumble upon this beautiful site of the sun shining throught the limbs of a tree early in the morning. The tree is one in front of the Fine Arts building, refracting iridescent snow and light.

Heaven woven quilt


Isn't that beautiful? I couldn't believe it. I would've missed this had I not gone in early to work on an art project and brought my camera to take pictures of my piece. When I saw this tree, I almost forgot I had my camera with me. I just stared for ages and I remember saying to myself, "Aww dang I wish I had my camera." Then it dawned on me that I did have it, although it took forever to unbundle myself to get to it. I'm thankful I did.

If it must be cold at least God still has a hand in the creation of beauty for us all to behold. Let us all be thankful for everything we are given and able to behold. Remember to see the beauty in everything we would otherwise miss.

Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Photography has really made me look at the world differently, to find the beauty in the ordinary, but you don't need a camera to do that. Maybe it is the artist in you, or maybe you are just an eternal optimist. Either way... great job!

Bobby said...

I usually don't say stuff like this, really, but after reading about the snow and your feelings about it, check out my entry from yesterday.

I hate snow.

Carly said...

those are nice... I like it when I get to take a "real" photo and not just a mommy snapshot

Anonymous said...

hey, i'm glad u had ur camera that was a great picture, interesting comments on the bannanna by the way.

Anonymous said...

You are truly an artist. I probably would have walked right past this tree without noticing the beautiful way the snow was clinging to it. Thanks for opening my eyes. "Heaven woven quilt" is the perfect title, too.