Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Death Threats


Well, I don't often like to cause political uprisings here on the Sea of Steve but that decision of mine to publish a cartoon stirred a lot of resentment and reminded Muslims of the Danish political cartoons. It seems that they believed that I was depicting the prophet Mohammad without his turbin. My drawing meant no harm and I didn't think anything of it until I started to receive strange phone calls and emails. Most of the phone calls I received I passed off as wrong numbers. One call was in broken English and I thought he was trying to sell me some sort of dye salt for mohawks. It made no sense so I hung up, passing it off as a telemarketing scam. It wasn't until I sat down and watched CNN that all this became clear. I'm getting death threats! OH MY! It wasn't dye salt for mohawks at all but, "Die for insulting Mohammad!"

I cannot believe that a cartoon can cause all these protests for Muslims. Now no one can tell me that artists don't wield any power because heck we can start protests and don't you mess with me because I will draw you in a lewd manner and start war!

I believe the reason people are protesting against the Danish cartoons is just their scape goat for wanting to blow things up. I don't believe Christians would blow things up, set fire to buildings and burn flags in protest if Jesus were depicted in a lewd way. Maybe it's because Christians already depict Jesus in cartoons that we have become desensitized to it or maybe it's our core moral values that we wouldn't commit such acts. I surely cannot imagine a group of Christians marching down Broadway throwing molatov cocktails and setting fire to objects while chanting, "Down with those Muslim cartoons and the Middle East for depicting Jesus with (insert mean noun here)!" Islam get over it seriously.

Note: If I don't post in awhile please send a search party and call the FBI Counter Terrorism Number or the Office of Homeland Security.

In all reality folks, I do not agree with making fun of other religions (Om Steve you just did up there. Shoot! I guess I did, didn't I? Dang it! Well crap.... Go Dannish cartoon makers! Keep up the work of freedom of expression. Shut up Steve and tell the Islamic activists you're sorry. Oh alrighty then.) So to all the Islamic activists and Muslims out there that I may have offended with this post, I extend my deepest regrets and may I ask where you guys received those Sea of Steve flags, because I could really use one?

Real Note: I don't want to offend anyone as this is just a joke but weren't the Danish cartoons also jokes? So if anyone out there wants to protest and set fire in the name of Sea of Steve well then go right ahead. I actually look forward to it. Just make sure that when you do that you get my url www.seaofsteve.blogspot.com correct because I could use the extra visitors.

5 comments:

Scottage said...

Those signs are great....really look authentic. Don't let them catch ya'! :-)

Anonymous said...

Excellent.

Emily said...

You crack me up.

Unknown said...

Very good. Freedom, ain't it great!

Anonymous said...

Too funny!