Monday, February 25, 2008

Illustrating a sunset

"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.”
~Rabindranath Tagore

Look at the above image a little closer. Did you realize it is NOT actually a photograph but a drawing? If you didn't notice, I take that as a compliment :) Here is what it looks like with just the outlines of all the shapes.

Here is the original photograph. Click to view it larger.


Harmony
Originally uploaded by one4all2nv


While I'm very happy with my work, I'm still no way near the technical skill and absolute jaw dropping spectacular mastery that some artists have. Check them all out.

Drawings were done using Adobe Illustrator CS3.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Wow steve, that is AWESOME! Really cool stuff. I'm impressed!