Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The linoleum

It's madcap mayhem at my house. We're in the process of ripping out our carpet, painting the walls, and scrapping linoleum off. Let me personally say on the web that removing linoleum is the worst possible thing ever conceived by mankind. Scrapping, hammering and chiseling take forever and give you the worst blisters. There really is no way to remove this crap! It just seems like I'm slamming into a brick wall each time I try to remove a section. It wears you down too. The other day, as I was working, I noticed an area that resembled a face. Maybe it was the light because I couldn't always find it again but then it would appear again. After a couple of days I noticed it all the time. It looked like a head with a broken neck with two huge eyes that looked at me at a gawky angle. I kept looking over at it. I threw my chisel at it and stomped on it, but it remained. Staring.... I swear I just stared back, maybe hours. The more I looked at it the more it resembled a face. Finally it got to me. I couldn't handle that thing looking at me! In a fit of rage I took a razor blade and scored the entire floor making sure that that hideous face get the blunt of it. I don't think the face even cared let alone that floor! In fact I made more and more hideous faces. Lines crisscrossed here and there plunging off of others commiting suicide at their end. But their eyes still remained. More of them now, laughing staring. My parents thought it was funny. They came in to see that the floor was completely scarred and just laughed at me. They couldn't see the faces. Mom the faces were there! They thought I was funny I think I'm crazy anyway they put me on another task. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa Steve, calm down... I feel your pain, dude. We did that last year. That stupid sticky stuff is *impossible*! I don't envy you. But it's nothing to lose your mind over! Any more entries like this, and I'll have to start questioning your sanity...

Anonymous said...

Are you saying that you weren't questioning his sanity before?! Don't you remember the "Iron" incident? :D

Anonymous said...

Well guess what? You get to do this all again because the bathroom linoleum needs to be pulled up.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I go crazy too. (about every other day)I totally understand where you're coming from. There is still hope for you. If you need to, go outside and run a couple laps around the house, it helps.