Saturday, July 09, 2005

I see beautiful things


My mom asked me to run a few errands for her this afternoon. As I was driving, trying my hardest to avoid pedestrians and stay in my lane, the glint of the sun hit my eyes. I looked up only to be immediately taken back. The sky was absolutely breathtaking! The clouds were glorious! Luckily I still had my digital camera hiding secretly under my seat from when I took pictures of the mural I painted. I was stopped at a stoplight and thought I really need to take a picture of these clouds they are amazing! So I stepped out of my car while all the other motorists eyed me suspiciously. I didn't mind I just held out my camera and clicked away. The light changed green as I was just getting back in. I'm sure I annoyed someone but I hope at least they too looked up at this beautiful sky.

There is a slight change to the Sea of Steve that I have just added. I've coded a recent bookshelf as well as the current book I'm reading into the sidebar. I'll update the recent bookshelf with the last ten books I've read beginning with the most current. Then the Well Thumbed Thomes well remain as great books that I read that have stirred my soul. The current book I am reading is Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. I have yet to read this series of novels, haven't intended to ever read them but a friend recommended that I do. If you have a book, novel, or story that you would like to recommend I read, feel free to leave a comment. I'll read it...eventually.

4 comments:

Daphnewood said...

They are good books. I started reading them to my kids but now that has become a ploy for me to preorder ;)

That sky is marvelous. Great picture

Emily said...

Nice pic! I mean that, for real. :-) Have you finished The Phantom of the Opera? I saw you added it to your recent "bookshelf." Aside from being one of my new favorite movies, it is also an EXCELLENT book.

Anonymous said...

Milan Kundera's The Unbearable Lightness of Being changed my life, but be ready for some heavy stuff. Emily and I both read The Secret Life of Bees and like it.

Steve said...

Indeed indeed. The Phantom of the Opera is excellent! I read it right after seeing the movie. The only thing left is going to the musical.