Sunday, September 25, 2005

Nothing Is Sound

I wake up this morning and groan. Why? because I am coming down with a sickness, the kind of thing that lingers in the upper back pallete of your throat. It bugs me. Nothing is sound anymore except for the fact that I went to the very first concert of my entire life......Switchfoot!



They are a truly unique rock band with an intense longing for meaning, something I search for in the music I listen to. Their concert was gnarly! Thought I'd throw in a California surf word. It wasn't just great because it was my first rock concert I've ever been to, but because their concert was absolutely bodacious. The lead singer had a lot of presence. He jumped up on the drummers platform, rocked out on the bass drum, almost knocking it over, and then jumped back down. He also got into the crowd and sang. Yeah...wow...
Our crowd was tremendous. The sheer decible noise was intense, louder then our football games by far. The kind of screams that you can feel in the pit of your stomach and then it got louder something I didn't think was possible. The whole experience was amazing and I diffently am going to have to listen to more of their music because my friend CJ got me interested in their stuff and now that I heard it first hand I'm psyched.

My good friend Nate might like to know that Switchfoot is coming to Brisbane Oct. 3rd. He should go and convert some 'lost souls' at the concert. Too bad I have no way of 'contacting' him... *UT04 2AM* if(sleep==true) return sorry; else run fragBySteve;

7 comments:

Joybeth said...

Switchfoot concert...Sweet! I understand the feeling sick business, I woke up the same way this morning, right before I fell down the stairs(it's been a rough day thus far)

Anonymous said...

void rulz(){
cout << "@g@1n5tRulx0r" << endl;
}
if(lanwarz == true)
Frag.ludicrousKillBy(Rand_al'Thor, 2AM);
else
rulz();
while(r0ckc0ncer1 != true :-( ){
for(i=0, i<1,i++){
rulz()}
}

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve I saw you.........or "heard" you today. I was walking to the Fine Arts building and knew you were near because you made one of your funny loud noises. Yeah, this is a random comment.

Emily said...

Hey! hope you feel better soon. Being sick is no fun.

Anonymous said...

Your FIRST concert? Wow. Hope you were converted. The best bands you see on stage are the ones that are completely different than what you listen to when you are driving around in your car. More than anything I love the FEELING of seeing a band live.

I just finished Austin City Limits Music Festival, and IT. WAS. AMAZING. I've been reliving the moments I spent there all day.
~Tiffany

Steve said...

Geez... My funny loud noise huh? Yeah I remember it because my nose wouldn't stop running afterwards. I knew I sneezed loud but I didn't know my sneeze fingered me.

Anonymous said...

Steve, we're going to Phantom of the Opera in November. November 18th to be precise. Let me know if anyone is interested!!!!