Sunday, September 18, 2005

The world as my palette

In my life I never would've thought I'd be a published artist, ever! Now I have been published twice and the second time my work will travel the world round. This drawing I completed on YouDraw is part of a collection of 3 posters of two thousand drawings each, to celebrate the milestones of one hundred, two hundred and three hundred thousand drawings posted on Youdraw.


My drawing of Edvard Munch's Madonna (Which by the way was stolen alone with The Scream, neither of which has been recovered.) is in the third YouDraw Poster.













I included that picture just to show the immensity of all the drawings. If you can find my drawing in there kudos to you. Click here to see a larger view of rows 21 through 24. My drawing is on row 24, thirty drawings over.

Edit: Someone later asked what was the other piece I had published. Here it is. (If you Google Steven Held this is also the first link you get :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you were attending an art institution. I considered the one in Dallas for a while.
~Tiff

Steve said...

I was originally going to attend the art institute on a nearly full-ride scholarship because of that poster design plus another scholarship but after agonizing over what I should do with my life I thought I better get a well-rounded education. Now I attend my state's university on a much less scholarship and I'm still majoring in art but I'm also majoring in computer science so hopefully I made the correct decision.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Steve! I knew you had it in you. I'm glad you came to UW so that we could meet.

Blake said...

Congrats, man! Very cool.

blake