Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Wallazamuo

Waterfall


Isn't nature awesome!? This spectacular waterfall peeks out from the lush forest after about a three mile hike in the wonderful state of Minnesota. I was there for my cousin Erin's wedding in August. Here my brother and I stand next to the two love-birds. Awwww...

Seeing that no one who reads my blog knows my cousin, I'll skip over the whole wedding and get to the great waterfall. So without further I do's, I mean ado, let me tell you about The Great Waterfall Expedition.

The morning after the wedding everyone gathered at a national park somewhere on the outskirts of Minneapolis for the reception. Long picnic tables of food glistened in the sun. After gorging ourselves my cousin Erin told us of a great waterfall called Wallazamuo. I just made that name up but it was something similiar. She pointed to the trail.

A group of about five decided to go. We trudged through the mud and cut through thick overhanging trees. After traversing up a mountain side, crunching the twigs below our feet, we saw a clearing ahead. A small creek had carved out a shallow pool. My cousin Paul was the first to jump in. He took off his shirt and made a face with his belly to Yoshi, a Japanese girl.

"Gross!" She had the look of upmost horror on her face.

"What you don't like my fat American belly? Do ya hear that Pudgy, she doesn't like you? She looked at him quizzically until Paul snickered. "I'm going to throw you into the creek, unless you say you like Mr. Pudgy." She obviously doesn't know my cousin because she didn't move until it was too late and well the rest is comical.

Hmmm...it seems I have deleted those pictures of Yoshi being thrown into the creek. Dang... Just imagine a 90lb Japanese girl being tossed by Paul into the creek screaming and afterwards placing a kick into the Achilles Heel of manlihood. The two of them later hit it off. My cousin is a character, he always makes me laugh.

After Paul recovered and Yoshi dried off, we set off for the waterfall. I could hear the water but the thick forest shielded the waterfall from our view. Then around another bend I saw Wallazamuo Falls or whatever it's called.
I love how the light shines down in this picture.
Sun kissed waterfall


Then we climbed up and behind the waterfall. This is a great experience. The roar of the water pounding the rocks throwing up mist that tickled my skin as I watched the colors dance off the sparkling water. I could have stayed behind that waterfall forever, it was that beautiful.

2 comments:

Xaereth said...

Hey man, this is Adam Tricola (the tall guy that was on your floor last year). I didn't know you had a blog til I was reading natasha's and your blog was there... but.. I have a blog too.
www.xaereth.blogspot.com

so, go there I guess. I need to work on it more, but.. yeah. Sweet.

Joybeth said...

Beautiful pics...keep up the good blogging.