Monday, June 20, 2005

When you wish upon a star

I saw the most fantastic sight the other night, a meteor bright
It torched the sky as it sailed by, past mountains it said goodbye
Now sailing by someone so very far away I wished upon that star
Only darkness now....
May my wish come true?
I only knew that the same stars I view are shining down on you
I wished that you will see them too


~Steve Held


Today I worked hard... The sun was unbearable. Sucking the life out of me, I continued to heave dirt and rock into the back of a six wheeler. Phew... All that work is well worth it though when it inspires drawings like this.


My cousins were here shortly for a visit before heading on to Yellowstone. It was great to see them because we haven't seen each other since Christmas. They were only here a day, on Father's Day, and we cooked up a great feast. I salivated over my personal favorites, barbequed ribs, asparagus, artichoke, and watermelon. MMM mmm MMM mmm good.

Tomorrow is the official day of summer, YIPPEE! I'll be enjoying it... well except for the working part. Next week I'll be entering the kayak freestyle rodeo. I'll have to take some photos of that. Until then remember to look up at the stars.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kayak rodeo? seriously? what is that? do i want to know? the kind of rodeos we have 'in these here parts' involve cows. and "chewin' toe-ba-kee." and death... for the cows. please tell me you don't put the kayaks to death. please.

Steve said...

Death is always a possibility. As for what a kayak rodeo is... You'll just have to wait and see when I post on it.