Wednesday, July 13, 2005

From Stones to Hydrogen

I finished reading the first book of the Harry Potter extravaganza, world-wide hype, Muggle uprising, household name of a series. I'll admit that I was overtaken from my views that this was just some silly children's book. J. K. Rowlings captures the imagination with prose that drew me in. The characters in the book are unique, the plot is tied to things from the beginning and I had an extraordinary time reading it. It may not have been technically hard but if something is fun and stirs the imagination it is well worth it in my opinion. Next up Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets.

I read the Reader's Digest and in the latest supplement issue entitled, Future, I found a contest that I'd like to share with the rest of my blogging friends/readers and whathaveyou. Tomorrow, July 14th, I encourage you to enter the Reader's Digest Win the Ride of a Lifetime contest.

Note: You can't enter until July 14th, so don't tell me the link doesn't work.

GM Sequel


Win the Ride of a Lifetime


And earn bragging rights by being one of the first consumers to test-drive the new hydrogen-powered GM Sequel! One grand prize winner will receive a trip for two* to sunny Southern California in summer 2006. The winner will tour a hydrogen-fuel facility and meet engineers who are designing the cars of the future. GM's Sequel is emission free, nimble on the road, and fast! Go to rd.com/drive for entry form and official rules, or send a postcard to Reader's Digest, P.O. Box 235, Pleasantville, New York 10570-0234, Attn: Ride of a Lifetime.


*
If you happen to win the second person you take would be me, but I shouldn't have to remind you of that. ;)

2 comments:

Blake said...

That looks really cool, and this is the first I've heard about it.

Blake

Kay Ray said...

I heard about the new Harry Potter book but I didn't think it was up for sale yet? ANYWAY, I don't read Harry Potter or anything, just watch the news alot. Cool blog site.