Sunday, July 17, 2005

Hurricane Emily

Yahoo News reports Hurricane Emily pounded Grenada Thursday, tearing the roofs off hospitals and other buildings, destroying crops and causing widespread flooding.

Emily struck hard, tearing the roof from the operating room of a new hospital built with help from the Cuban government. On Carriacou, she destroyed the entire roof of the only hospital, forcing the evacuation of patients, officials said.

Elsewhere in the former British colony, two police stations and two homes for the elderly also lost their roofs, homes were damaged, streets were flooded and crops were destroyed. Authorities asked the public to remain at home or in shelters, where more than 1,600 people took refuge, as they assessed the damage.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Emily you should stop being so destructive! Tearing the roofs off of homes for the elderly, that is just low.

When I said that I would get you back for tagging me I'll admit that I was just kidding but when this just happened to knock on my door, how could I ignore it?

Not to poke fun at anyone suffering through this hurricane because I always feel bad making jokes at the expense of others. I hope and pray that everyone in the path of this storm will survive and can rebuild. To anyone in the path of the hurricane you have my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Steve: You should consider a career in journalism.

Emily: You would.

Emily said...

Steve, that was a low blow, man!

Eek! Sorry to hear what my namesake has been up to. (This is no reflection on my own destructive nature, I assure you.)

:-)

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! Good writing, Micheal.