Monday, July 18, 2005

Weekend on the lake



"Okay I'm jumping in!"


WaSPLASH! "Burr it's a lot colder then I thought it was going to be."

"Steven I can't get the camera to turn on! What button do you push?"

Shivering, "Mom the one on top you'll hear it start up and you should see Canon on the display."

"Okay it's on, now what button do I press to take pictures?"

Argg... "Mom just like any 'normal' camera it's on the top."

"This big button here?"

"Yes!"

"Eric throw your brother a ski."

Swish.... The ski comes sailing over to me. I grab it and fiddle with the bindings to get my foot in. "Okay I'm ready now!" I scream. My dad pulls the boat around me so that I can grab the rope. I slowly get into position by doing a little dance with my feet to get the ski to point up.

I yell "Hit it!" Suddenly the boat lurches forward. I strain with all my might. Arrrrrrrrr......... Swallowing gallon after gallon, my ski flailing this way and that. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrr...... SNAP! The rope pulls away. I tumble over sideways.

"Steve you have to stay tucked down longer!" Yells my dad.

"I know I tried."

He pulls the boat around again and I line up. "Hit it!"


This time I clenched me teeth, held my breath, and tucked like an armadillo. Arrrrr ahhhhhh! I'm up, no I'm still down, no I'm standing up. "Whoooooo!" Such exhilaration, I haven't skied yet this summer and now I'm gliding across the water. I absolutely love this. I'm flying.

I swished right bounced off the wake and whipped right alongside the boat.





I had to sneak a picture of my brother from the cabin of our boat, he doesn't like his picture taken.















Then idling out in the middle of the lake my dad surprises my mom with a strawberry cheesecake! We sang Happy Birthday to her and enjoy the strawberry deliciousness as we all bask in the sun on such a lovely day.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Nice! I've only wakeboarded and kneeboarded... never tried the ski thing. (I hear it's uncool these days.) :-) Just kidding. Glad to hear you're having/had a good time. Great pics!

Anonymous said...

One word: ouch!